HomeOur referencesBNP Paribas looks to APL to manage and industrialize the operation of its data centers
BNP Paribas looks to APL to manage and industrialize the operation of its data centers
|Customer name :||BNP Paribas (France and Belgium)|
|Area of business :||Banking|
|Accompanying mode :||Project Management Assistance|
|Type of service :||Design of an industrial operational process for 6 data centers and assistance with its implementation|
The Data Center Operations Department at BNP Paribas has solicited APL to help re-design, implement, and manage operational processes for technical infrastructures in six of its data centers, covering around 14,000 m² of compute space in total.
- Implement best practices for managing and industrializing the operation of computer rooms
- Develop tools for measuring and managing the performance of multi-technical service providers
- Anticipate risk situations
- Guarantee the expected levels of service and quality
- Analysis of existing systems: maintenance contracts and indicators
- Benchmarking of best operational practices and recent feedback from APL, multi-technical service providers, and Methods & Operations personnel at BNP Paribas
- Definition of performance objectives and service levels (SLA) to be reached: continuity of service, recovery times, query processing times, etc.
- For each objective, definition of custom performance indicators (KPI) and associated measurement tools
- Creation of operational and managerial dashboards, and assistance with their operational implementation at the six sites
- Managerial dashboards enabling the industrial operation of the six data centers
- Improved monitoring of operational quality and performance
- Tools for measuring and managing the performance of multi-technical service providers
APL strengthens its game for green data centers
Through the acquisition of Neutreo, APL has bolstered its expertise and increased its environmental engineering offerings. Update from Christophe Weiss, ...
Increasing server room temperature to improve data center energy performance
The temperature is still kept too low in the vast majority of data centers. However, according to current standards, it ...
Eco-digital design: NégaOctet, winner of the ADEME’s 2018 Perfecto call for projects
What if it were possible to measure and compare the environmental impacts of the digital services that we use on ...
APL is building the first data center in Moselle with very high energy performance and service continuity levels
APL has designed and is building a turnkey data center for Babylone, hosted in a new 2,700m² building on the ...