APL assists Eurovia with selecting a hosting service and relocating its computer room
|Customer name :||Eurovia (a subsidiary of the VINCI Group)|
|Area of business :||Public Works and Civil Engineering|
|Accompanying mode :||Audit & Consulting - Project Management Assistance|
|Type of service :||Consulting and assistance with selecting a hosting service - Assistance with relocating IT systems|
Eurovia is a subsidiary of the VINCI Group specialized in the construction of transportation infrastructures and urban amenities. Its computer room, which was providing an insufficient level of service continuity, needed to be relocated in the medium term. The company wanted to outsource its computer servers to a hosting service, while retaining ownership of its hardware.
- Eurovia turned to APL to select a colocation service in the Ile-de-France region and assist with relocating its server room.
- Expression of needs: evaluation of hosting capacity and IT consumption, levels of service continuity and the physical security of computer equipment, requirements for relocating computer racks and applications, etc.
- Comprehensive management of the invitation to tender: drafting of specifications for tenderers; benchmarking (technical, financial, and contractual) of external hosting services assistance with selecting a hosting service provider, as well as with negotiating and implementing the contract.
- Relocation assistance: inventories, requirements, risk management, macro-planning, selecting a moving company, and assistance during relocation.
- APL’s methodology, expertise, and neutrality in identifying and selecting a hosting service
- Assistance provided by APL on all aspects of the project: technical, financial, contractual, as well as aspects relating to the operation of a hosting commercial data center.