- Who we are
- APL, in a few words
Organic Design : data centers in symbiosis with their environment
Since 1983, APL, a consulting and engineering firm, has assisted companies in defining and implementing their data center strategy in order to guarantee the continuity of service of their IT production, whether it is hosted in their own infrastructure or at a third party.
Hundreds of successful data center projects delivered
Our expert engineers work on your data centers undertaking audits, consultancy missions, assistance to the contracting authority, project management and transfer of skills, or complete your turnkey projects:
- Audit of your IT sites
- Consultancy regarding choice of hosting solutions: expression of your requirements and constraints, design, construction, renovation, integration, outsourced hosting, etc.
- Customized project design, either owner-managed or outsourced
- Conduct of contract work and operational commissioning
- Assistance with operation, to guarantee the continuity of service and energy efficiency of your critical infrastructures while optimizing costs
- Physical security measures of your vital infrastructures
- A rigorous and methodical approach
- Long-term customized support
- Independence with regard to manufacturers and hosts, guaranteeing that our recommendations are objective
- Expertise which is continually enriched by our technological watch and our attraction to innovation
- A global approach to your hosting requirements, which takes account of the IT architectures transformation
- Managed interventions in occupied sites which do not interrupt production
An in-house design office
Our design office uses the most innovative tools and working methods to design and renovate data centers:
- Digital simulation of airflows: this tool simulating the properties of the rooms but also calculating and displaying the air flows and engendered phenomena, has been taken from the aeronautics and space industry. It contributes significantly to reducing the costs relating to cooling and to improving robustness and operation.
- Building Information Modeling, BIM: with the building data modeling tools, we give you 3D, collaborative digital models which are enriched and documented throughout your data center’s life-cycle.
Appraisal and certifications
- Designer Tier Accreditation by Uptime Institute
- ISO 50001 certification (energy management): APL has a department dedicated to energy optimization
- Endorser of the European Code of Conduct for Energy Efficiency in Data Centers
Our mission: Organic Design
Creating data centers that have a symbiotic relationship with their environment.Download our corporate brochure