Data centers: APL opens a branch in Switzerland
APL, the top specialized engineering and consulting firm in designing and creating data centers in France, is setting up shop in Lausanne as a limited company with a capital of 100,000 CHF. The company, which already has a dozen clients in Switzerland, is aiming to expand its business in that country.
APL, an independent data center specialist firm that has been around since 1983, is opening a location in the French-speaking Romandy region of Switzerland to provide its expertise on data centers throughout their life cycles to large corporations, SME, and public organizations. This includes:
- Auditing, consulting, and project management assistance: hosting strategies and overall assistance with project implementation
- Data center design: upgradeable 10 to 10,000 m² IT rooms with very high levels of service continuity, security, and environmental performance
- Data center construction and upgrading: multitechnical expertise and coordination, engineering, and project management
- Maintaining centers in operational conditions and incorporating the best practices for operations.
In Switzerland, APL will provide all of its service options:
- Buildings and fluids: designing efficient, upgradeable data centers with minimal environmental impacts
- IT infrastructure: optimizing the use of IT resources and support infrastructures (energy, cooling, connectivity) for data centers, restructuring IT rooms
- Green IT: reducing the environmental impact of data centers and digital services throughout their life cycle
“Creating this branch demonstrates our desire to continue expanding our business abroad while still offering local assistance to clients. We also aim to promote our values, namely rolling out digital infrastructures with minimal environmental impacts and promoting local economic development,” explains Sébastien Ollier, the director of APL Data Center Switzerland.