HomeOur referencesAPL assists Pomona with ensuring the service continuity of its two main data centers
APL assists Pomona with ensuring the service continuity of its two main data centers
|Customer name :||Groupe Pomona|
|Area of business :||Retail|
|Completion date :||Since 2004|
|Accompanying mode :||Turnkey|
|Type of service :||Data center upgrades - Operational assistance - Preventive maintenance assistance - Curative maintenance assistance|
After having been commissioned to build its two main data centers, APL personnel will assist Pomona with operating and making technical upgrades to these two strategic sites.
- Ensure continuity of service for two critical data center
- Operate and maintain the data centers in accordance with best practices
- Upgrade the sites in order to keep up with IT demands
- Monitor and evaluate maintenance service provider operations and contracts
- Operational assistance: definition of maintenance protocols and updates to operations documents, evaluation of service provider operations and contracts (with potential adjustments)
- Preventive and curative maintenance: definition of preventive maintenance checklists, centralization and 24/7 processing of alarms and alerts for all packages, verification of compliance with procedures, and monitoring of maintenance operations
- Energy optimization: temperature monitoring, energy consumption reports (incl. electrical and fluid consumption), room organization
- Determination of analyses and funds needed to upgrade the sites: capacity status reports, electrical and climate control power increases, etc.
- No unplanned interruption since both data centers were set up in 2004
- Industrialization of protocols and procedures for operation and maintenance
- Technical upgrades and regular optimizations made to the rooms, in order to keep up with IT demands
- Anticipation of operations and funds needed to maintain quality and continuity of service
APL strengthens its game for green data centers
Through the acquisition of Neutreo, APL has bolstered its expertise and increased its environmental engineering offerings. Update from Christophe Weiss, ...
Increasing server room temperature to improve data center energy performance
The temperature is still kept too low in the vast majority of data centers. However, according to current standards, it ...
Eco-digital design: NégaOctet, winner of the ADEME’s 2018 Perfecto call for projects
What if it were possible to measure and compare the environmental impacts of the digital services that we use on ...
APL is building the first data center in Moselle with very high energy performance and service continuity levels
APL has designed and is building a turnkey data center for Babylone, hosted in a new 2,700m² building on the ...