HomeOur referencesAPL assists Pomona with ensuring the service continuity of its two main data centers
APL assists Pomona with ensuring the service continuity of its two main data centers
|Customer name :||Groupe Pomona|
|Area of business :||Retail|
|Completion date :||Since 2004|
|Accompanying mode :||Turnkey|
|Type of service :||Data center upgrades - Operational assistance - Preventive maintenance assistance - Curative maintenance assistance|
After having been commissioned to build its two main data centers, APL personnel will assist Pomona with operating and making technical upgrades to these two strategic sites.
- Ensure continuity of service for two critical data center
- Operate and maintain the data centers in accordance with best practices
- Upgrade the sites in order to keep up with IT demands
- Monitor and evaluate maintenance service provider operations and contracts
- Operational assistance: definition of maintenance protocols and updates to operations documents, evaluation of service provider operations and contracts (with potential adjustments)
- Preventive and curative maintenance: definition of preventive maintenance checklists, centralization and 24/7 processing of alarms and alerts for all packages, verification of compliance with procedures, and monitoring of maintenance operations
- Energy optimization: temperature monitoring, energy consumption reports (incl. electrical and fluid consumption), room organization
- Determination of analyses and funds needed to upgrade the sites: capacity status reports, electrical and climate control power increases, etc.
- No unplanned interruption since both data centers were set up in 2004
- Industrialization of protocols and procedures for operation and maintenance
- Technical upgrades and regular optimizations made to the rooms, in order to keep up with IT demands
- Anticipation of operations and funds needed to maintain quality and continuity of service
Data centers: conditional TICFE (Domestic tax on final electricity consumption) reduction as of 1st January 2022
The 2021 Finance Act changes the energy taxation of data centers from 1st January 2022: eligibility for a TICFE tax ...
Responsible digital technologies: looking back on 2020
While politicians had already addressed the issue of responsible digital technologies in previous years, 2020 was marked by tangible actions, ...
How can we reduce the environmental impact of IoT projects?
While connected objects and the related applications can help make operational, economic and/or environmental gains in certain cases, the environmental ...
Data center maintenance and operations audits – when, why and how should they be carried out?
Regular audits of data center operations and maintenance contracts are essential throughout their life cycle in order to check that ...