HomeOur referencesAPL assists Pomona with ensuring the service continuity of its two main data centers
APL assists Pomona with ensuring the service continuity of its two main data centers
|Customer name :||Groupe Pomona|
|Area of business :||Retail|
|Completion date :||Since 2004|
|Accompanying mode :||Turnkey|
|Type of service :||Data center upgrades - Operational assistance - Preventive maintenance assistance - Curative maintenance assistance|
After having been commissioned to build its two main data centers, APL personnel will assist Pomona with operating and making technical upgrades to these two strategic sites.
- Ensure continuity of service for two critical data center
- Operate and maintain the data centers in accordance with best practices
- Upgrade the sites in order to keep up with IT demands
- Monitor and evaluate maintenance service provider operations and contracts
- Operational assistance: definition of maintenance protocols and updates to operations documents, evaluation of service provider operations and contracts (with potential adjustments)
- Preventive and curative maintenance: definition of preventive maintenance checklists, centralization and 24/7 processing of alarms and alerts for all packages, verification of compliance with procedures, and monitoring of maintenance operations
- Energy optimization: temperature monitoring, energy consumption reports (incl. electrical and fluid consumption), room organization
- Determination of analyses and funds needed to upgrade the sites: capacity status reports, electrical and climate control power increases, etc.
- No unplanned interruption since both data centers were set up in 2004
- Industrialization of protocols and procedures for operation and maintenance
- Technical upgrades and regular optimizations made to the rooms, in order to keep up with IT demands
- Anticipation of operations and funds needed to maintain quality and continuity of service
Data center certification to build trust and foster attractiveness
Service continuity, security, and, more recently, environmental performance: data centers are at the heart of the digital transition and must ...
In 2018, APL achieved sales of 12.4 million euros, up by 51%
APL, a specialist in data centers and IT hosting consulting services, reports 2018 revenue of €12.4 million, up by 51% ...
APL strengthens its game for green data centers
Through the acquisition of Neutreo, APL has bolstered its expertise and increased its environmental engineering offerings. Update from Christophe Weiss, ...
Increasing server room temperature to improve data center energy performance
The temperature is still kept too low in the vast majority of data centers. However, according to current standards, it ...