HomeOur referencesAPL assists Pomona with ensuring the service continuity of its two main data centers
APL assists Pomona with ensuring the service continuity of its two main data centers
|Customer name :||Groupe Pomona|
|Area of business :||Retail|
|Completion date :||Since 2004|
|Accompanying mode :||Turnkey|
|Type of service :||Data center upgrades - Operational assistance - Preventive maintenance assistance - Curative maintenance assistance|
After having been commissioned to build its two main data centers, APL personnel will assist Pomona with operating and making technical upgrades to these two strategic sites.
- Ensure continuity of service for two critical data center
- Operate and maintain the data centers in accordance with best practices
- Upgrade the sites in order to keep up with IT demands
- Monitor and evaluate maintenance service provider operations and contracts
- Operational assistance: definition of maintenance protocols and updates to operations documents, evaluation of service provider operations and contracts (with potential adjustments)
- Preventive and curative maintenance: definition of preventive maintenance checklists, centralization and 24/7 processing of alarms and alerts for all packages, verification of compliance with procedures, and monitoring of maintenance operations
- Energy optimization: temperature monitoring, energy consumption reports (incl. electrical and fluid consumption), room organization
- Determination of analyses and funds needed to upgrade the sites: capacity status reports, electrical and climate control power increases, etc.
- No unplanned interruption since both data centers were set up in 2004
- Industrialization of protocols and procedures for operation and maintenance
- Technical upgrades and regular optimizations made to the rooms, in order to keep up with IT demands
- Anticipation of operations and funds needed to maintain quality and continuity of service
APL reports sales of 27 million euro, up by 114%
APL, the data-center expert, announces its results for the financial year ending December 31, 2019: sales have more than doubled, ...
Data center migration: no room for improvising
Data center migration requires careful preparation, at both organizational and technical levels, in order to limit or even avoid service ...
Data centers: strategic choices in preparation for digital and economic resilience
The COVID-19 health crisis has demonstrated, if proof were necessary, the extent to which the continuing operation of data centers, ...
Eco-design for digital services: assessment of the GreenConcept program
Why is there so much discussion about pollution generated by digital services? According to research undertaken by Ipsos/Sopra-Steria , the environment ...