Arkadin has reduced the environmental impact of its web conferencing solution by 20% thanks to Neutreo by APL
|Customer name :||Arkadin, a subsidiary of NTT Communications|
|Area of business :||Telecom|
|Accompanying mode :||Consulting|
|Type of service :||Reducing the environmental impact of a web conferencing solution|
As part of the GreenConcept program initiated by the CCI Occitanie (Chamber of Commerce & Industry), Arkadin has received support to incorporate the principles of digital eco-design and to reduce the environmental impact of its solutions.
This specialist in unified communications cloud solutions has relied on Neutreo by APL and LCIE Bureau Veritas to measure and reduce the environmental impact of its web conferencing solution.
- Measure the environmental impacts of a web conferencing solution
- Identify technical and functional improvement levers to reduce these impacts without degrading the user experience
- Conducting a life cycle analysis for the web conferencing solution based on various scenarios: connection terminal type, geographical hub, network connection type, etc.
- Identification of areas for improvement: in the data center (cloud) and software
- Development of an “ECO mode” feature, which made it possible to reduce the overall environmental impact of the solution by 20%
- An improved user experience (battery life)
- A three-fold reduction in environmental impact when used in meeting rooms and an eight-fold reduction in bandwidth traffic
- Identification of actions to reduce the environmental impact by 80% over the medium term
- Launch of an offer for small and medium-sized businesses to maximize the use of cloud infrastructure resources