GIPS, APICIL's IT-oriented Economic Interest Group (EIG), looks to the expertise of APL to renovate and improve the reliability of its main data center
|Customer name :||GIPS, APICIL's IT-oriented Economic Interest Group (EIG)|
|Area of business :||Insurance|
|Accompanying mode :||Turnkey project|
|Type of service :||Expanding, refurbishing, and improving the reliability of a computer room|
The Groupement Informatique de la Protection Sociale (GIPS) uses two data centers to host applications for APICIL and IRCEM, both social welfare groups. An audit revealed that both data centers needed to be renovated in order to improve redundancy, ensure a high level of service continuity, and increase hosting capacity.
GIPS solicited APL to refurbish and upgrade the group's main data center, with the strict condition that IT production continue interrupted while the upgrades are made.
- Upgrade a data center without interrupting IT production
- Increase electrical capacity and improve service continuity
- Expand the data center by refurbishing existing facilities (offices and storage areas)
- Management and coordination of operations performed by fifteen trades called to work on the site
- Creation of equipment rooms designed to house the new infrastructures, with 2N redundancy
- Refurbishment of the existing facility, construction of an extension, relocation of hardware and installation of new computer racks
- Securement of the entire data center: installation of video-surveillance systems, intrusion detection, fire detection and suppression, etc.
- Hot aisle containment
- Space expansion, improvements in electrical capacity, redundancy, and reliability of the site
- Works performed without interrupting IT production, except for the expected interruption during relocation
- Refurbishment of the data center, on budget and on time